How do I use search and filtering
Search and filtering are available in one easy-to-use search box. Switch between “Resolved” and “Unresolved” errors, search, and filter all in one place.
Start typing in the search box and see your results update in real-time. The input at the top of your error list supports text searches for:
- Error type
- Error message
Advanced filtering options allow for further narrowing of results. These options are shown as suggestions beneath the search input and will autocomplete as you type.
- Environment: e.g. Production, Staging, QA, etc.
- Component: The controller the error occurred in
- Action: The controller method the error occurred in
- Deploy: Set up using Deployment Tracking
- Before: Shows all groups with last occurrence before a specific date
- After: Shows all groups with last occurrence after a specific date
- On: Shows all groups with last occurrence on a specific date
- File: The file associated with the error
- Muted: Shows all muted/unmuted errors
- Hostname: The hostname associated with the error
- RemoteAddr: The remote address where the error occurred
- User: The user that was signed in when the error occurred
Note: You’ll only see an option to filter if you are sending the data. E.g. If you don’t have Deployment Tracking set up, you won’t see the filter by deploy option.
Filtering by Custom Attributes
To filter by additional attributes not present in the standard options, first visit the “Aggregations” tab for one of your errors. Next, select an attribute from the “More aggregations” dropdown. Finally, click the “Pin aggregation for all errors & project search” button to enable search capabilities on this attribute.
After the custom aggregation has been processed, you will be able to filter errors based on this attribute.
Sort by options
Sort by options include:
- Last notice occurrence: Sorts by most recent notice
- Notice count: Sorts by the number of notices in an error group
- Creation date: Sorts by error group creation date
- Error Weight: Sorts by recent error impact based on traffic distribution and density