Updating your Node.js notifier
Get the most out of Airbrake’s features and stay up to date with the latest improvements by updating your project to the latest version of our Node.js error reporting library.
Name change note
@airbrake/node (for Node.js apps). If you are using
airbrake-js check out
our upgrade doc.
If you are on the deprecated
node-airbrake notifier, please
visit our other upgrade
Update your notifier
If you’re using our official notifier, all you need to do is update the version you’re using:
npm update @airbrake/node
Or, if you’re using yarn:
yarn upgrade @airbrake/node
Performance Monitoring for Express.js apps
Application Performance Monitoring with Airbrake makes it easy to:
- Understand high-level performance: Quickly see a broad performance overview for your whole application.
- Monitor user satisfaction: Measure user satisfaction with your app performance using Apdex.
- Catch problem routes: Identify routes with slow or error-prone performance.
- Analyze granular performance metrics: Zoom into specific endpoints to see time spent in the DB, view, cache, external requests, and more.
- Dive into database performance: Analyze SQL database queries being called and how long they take.
- Track your background jobs: Monitor background job performance, track job failures and durations.
To get started, install our Express.js middleware as shown in the install guide. Performance Monitoring is completely automatic after installation - no extra setup required.
Great job! If you’ve used this example in your app, you can visit your Airbrake project’s Performance Dashboard to see your performance data! Soon enough you’ll have more insights into your application’s performance. In the meantime why not check out the Performance Dashboard features. Have questions about Performance Monitoring? Check out our Performance Monitoring FAQ for more information.