How to install Airbrake for Flask error monitoring
Installing Airbrake in your Flask app takes no more than 3 minutes:
- Create an Airbrake account
Install airbrake-python using pip
pip install -U airbrake
The easiest way to get set up is with a few environment variables:
and you're done!
export AIRBRAKE_API_KEY=***** export AIRBRAKE_PROJECT_ID=12345 export AIRBRAKE_ENVIRONMENT=dev
- Blazing fast
- Notifications via email, Campfire or Webhooks
- Fast Search
- GitHub, Trello, Slack, HipChat, JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, GitHub Enterprise, GitLab, GitLab CE/EE, Bitbucket, Lighthouse, Flowdock, Campfire, Assembla, custom webhooks and other
- Dupe detection
- Multiple users
- Comprehensive read & write API
- Deploy tracking
Have you ever found yourself sifting through massive log files to hunt down an error? Airbrake Flask exception handling software provides notifications to make Flask debugging easy.
With Airbrake Flask you receive real-time error alerts and instant insight into the line of code that broke, the deploy the error is tied to, and the environment in which the error occured. Airbrake's detailed dashboard makes it easy to determine the total number of Flask errors, as well as the number of bugs you've had since your last deploy.
Airbrake's at-a-glance insight into the health of your code helps you:
- Monitor code quality - detailed dashboards, deploy trends, and error tracking make managing and triaging errors simple
- Fix bugs faster - identify, assess, and resolve errors quickly with stacktraces, parameters, and affected users
- Improve team productivity - custom workflow integrations make it easy to collaborate on, prioritize, and triage errors
Airbrake sends you and error message immediately — 24 hours/day, 7 days/week — if a new error happens, whether you communicate in email, Slack, Hipchat, Github, or some other tool. And installing Airbrake in your Flask application takes no more than three minutes, so you can start capturing exceptions immediately. Get visibility into your customer experience so that you can make it better, with Airbrake!
Fix bugs faster
Stacktraces, parameters, affected users - you name it. All the info you need to identify, assess and resolve errors quickly.
Monitor code quality
With deploy tracking, error trends, and detailed dashboards, managing and triaging errors has never been easier.
Improve team productivity
Collaborate, prioritize, triage and more with our custom workflow integrations.
Find the root cause
- Identify the root cause fast
- Locate the errors file, method and even the line of code
- Identify affected users, browsers, URLs, and more with Aggregations
- Find any error with search and filter features
Advance your workflow
- Collaborate and discuss the reported errors to prioritize and transfer them into tasks
- Link errors with your favorite project managment and chat tools
- Include all team members and enhance error based communication
Haven't tried Airbrake yet?Start your free trial