How to install Airbrake for Python error monitoring
Installing Airbrake in your Python app takes no more than 3 minutes:
- Create an Airbrake account
Install airbrake-python using pip
pip install -U airbrake
The easiest way to get set up is with a few environment variables:
and you're done!
export AIRBRAKE_API_KEY=***** export AIRBRAKE_PROJECT_ID=12345 export AIRBRAKE_ENVIRONMENT=dev
- Blazing fast
- Notifications via email, Campfire or Webhooks
- Fast Search
- GitHub, Trello, Slack, HipChat, JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, GitHub Enterprise, GitLab, GitLab CE/EE, Bitbucket, Lighthouse, Flowdock, Campfire, Assembla, custom webhooks and other
- Dupe detection
- Multiple users
- Comprehensive read & write API
- Deploy tracking
Every minute your customer experience is compromised impacts your bottom line. But, perhaps more importantly, it costs you goodwill. And even when your Python application is up and running, your customer could still see problems. That's why you need Airbrake.
With Airbrake Python error monitoring and reporting exceptions are captured so that you're notified before users are affected. Airbrake alerts you in real time to Python errors in the communication tool of your choice, whether it's email, Github, Jira, Slack, or another mode. And detailed stack traces, context, and browser breakdowns give you all of the information needed to assess the scope of a problem and determine its source.
Airbrake works in any Python project, including Flask and Django frameworks, to improve your user experience with:
- Deploy tracking, search and filters - see the impact of deploys on volumes and drill down to the errors that matter most
- Error details - quickly locate the file, method, and line that caused the error
- Intelligent error grouping - track trends over time and review and resolve similar errors from a single interface
Python error reporting is simple with Airbrake, which installs in less than three minutes and accessible via a mobile optimized web app. Find out what errors are affecting your customers right now — and how to fix them with Airbrake Python.
Fix bugs faster
Stacktraces, parameters, affected users - you name it. All the info you need to identify, assess and resolve errors quickly.
Monitor code quality
With deploy tracking, error trends, and detailed dashboards, managing and triaging errors has never been easier.
Improve team productivity
Collaborate, prioritize, triage and more with our custom workflow integrations.
Find the root cause
- Identify the root cause fast
- Locate the errors file, method and even the line of code
- Identify affected users, browsers, URLs, and more with Aggregations
- Find any error with search and filter features
Advance your workflow
- Collaborate and discuss the reported errors to prioritize and transfer them into tasks
- Link errors with your favorite project managment and chat tools
- Include all team members and enhance error based communication
Haven't tried Airbrake yet?Start your free trial