Rails Error Monitoring
Get a Handle on Errors With Airbrake Rail
How to install Airbrake to capture Rails errors
Installing Airbrake in your Ruby app takes no more than 3 minutes:
- Create an Airbrake account
- Add the Airbrake gem to your Gemfile:
Then from your project's RAILS_ROOT, and in your development environment, run:
bundle install rails g airbrake your_project_id_here your_api_key_here
The generator creates a file under config/initializers/airbrake.rb configuring Airbrake with your API key. This file should be checked into your version control system so that it is deployed to your staging and production environments.
Full instructions can be found on airbrake GitHub repository.
Frictionless error monitoring for Rails
You're keeping a close eye on your servers and apps. Everything seems to be going as planned. Or is it? Are errors compromising your customer experience? Airbrake Rails Error Monitoring gives you insight into exceptions — and helps you fix them.
With Airbrake Rails Error Monitoring, sifting through massive log files in the hunt for an error becomes a thing of the past. Real-time error alerts and instant insights make identifying and fixing errors easier than ever when you can find lines of broken code quickly, the environment in which the error occurred, and what deploy caused the error.
Airbrake helps your team:
Fix Bugs Faster
- Stack traces make it easier to find bugs within your applications
- Parameters allow you to group together errors according to error type, error message, function, file, and environment
- See exactly how errors in your application are impacting your users
- Resolve errors quickly using features that zero in on the root cause of errors with breadcrumbs, hotspots, and more.
Manage and Triage Errors
- Deploy tracking tells you essential information about who pushed out code associated with an error, when it was flushed out, how many errors were fixed, and how many new errors were introduced
- There’s an entire dashboard devoted to trends within your application so you can see patterns
- Airbrake dashboards comprise of at-a-glance information that reveal everything you need to know about an error and where you need to go to fix it
- Custom workflow integrations work with your current tools such as Slack, GitHub, Trello and Webhooks
- Collaborate with your team by leaving comments within the Airbrake app itself
- Defect triage is easy via the Airbrake Alerts tab, which shows you the severity of each Rails occurrence
Monitor Your Application’s Health
- Airbrake Performance Monitoring is built for developers
- With performance monitoring, you’ll have access to your Rails application’s Apdex Score, latency issues, and error rates
- Airbrake Performance Monitoring dives deep into route, queries, and job information
What's more, Airbrake can be used in any Rails project, from Sidekiq to DelayedJob to Resque, and so on. Isn't it time you got a handle on your customer experience? See how Airbrake Rails Error Monitoring and Performance Monitoring give you the insight you need to keep your application healthy and error-free.
Try Airbrake with a free 30-day trial.
Blazing fast, real-time errors alerts
Lightweight notifier installs quickly and won't impact your app performance
Receive error notifications via email, Slack, or webhooks
Fast error search and filtering within your Airbrake dashboard
Advanced data security including SOC-2 Compliance and SAML Single Sign-On - included with all Airbrake plans
Integrates with GitHub, Trello, Slack, JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, GitHub Enterprise, GitLab, GitLab CE/EE, Bitbucket, Lighthouse, Flowdock, Campfire, Assembla, custom webhooks and other 3rd party apps
Dupe error detection
Customizable error filtering
Unlimited users and projects
Comprehensive read & write API
Deploy tracking to monitor code quality
Performance insight about your total app health including your code, production environment, and the user experience.