How to install Airbrake to capture Rails errors
Installing Airbrake in your Ruby app takes no more than 3 minutes:
- Create an Airbrake account
Add the Airbrake gem to your Gemfile:
Then from your project's RAILS_ROOT, and in your development environment, run:
rails generate airbrake --api-key your_key_here
The generator creates a file under config/initializers/airbrake.rb configuring Airbrake with your API key. This file should be checked into your version control system so that it is deployed to your staging and production environments.
- Blazing fast
- Notifications via email, Campfire or Webhooks
- Fast Search
- GitHub, Trello, Slack, JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, GitHub Enterprise, GitLab, GitLab CE/EE, Bitbucket, Lighthouse, Flowdock, Campfire, Assembla, custom webhooks and other
- Dupe detection
- Multiple users
- Comprehensive read & write API
- Deploy tracking
You're keeping a close eye on your servers, and even your apps. Everything is going as planned. Or is it? Are errors compromising your customer experience? Airbrake Rails error reporting tool gives you insight into exceptions — and helps you fix them.
With Airbrake Rails error monitoring and reporting, sifting through massive log files in the hunt for an error becomes a thing of the past. Real-time error alerts and instant insight into the line of broken code, the environment in which the error occurred, and the deploy the error is tied to make identifying and fixing errors easier than ever
Airbrake helps your team:
- Fix bugs faster - affected users, stack traces, and parameters give you all of the info needed to assess and resolve errors quickly
- Manage and triage errors - deploy tracking, error trends, and detailed dashboards
- Improve productivity - custom workflow integrations make collaborating, prioritizing, and triaging simple
What's more, Airbrake can be used in any Rails project, from Sidekiq to DelayedJob to Resque, and so on. Isn't it time you get a handle on your customer experience? See how Airbrake provides visibility into your customer experience so that you can make it better.
Fix bugs faster
Stacktraces, parameters, affected users - you name it. All the info you need to identify, assess and resolve errors quickly.
Monitor code quality
With deploy tracking, error trends, and detailed dashboards, managing and triaging errors has never been easier.
Improve team productivity
Collaborate, prioritize, triage and more with our custom workflow integrations.
Build a better product
- Review intelligently grouped errors
- Develop a better understanding of your app health
- Track the error trends over time
- Customize the grouping rules
- Identify the info you need to assess and resolve the errors quickly
- Review stack traces, parameters, and affected users
- Maintain the code quality with a detailed dashboard of error trends and deploy tracking
Haven't tried Airbrake yet?Start your free trial