With Airbrake Rails error monitoring, you'll never get stuck again sifting through massive log files to hunt down an error. Instead, get real-time error alerting and instant insight into the line of code that broke, the environment in which the error occurred, and what deploy the error is tied to.
Rails error tracker
Airbrake Rails error monitoring allows you to drill down and understand what’s breaking in your application. Maybe you had a bad deploy? Or a certain library is causing issues? Airbrake’s dashboard gives you general information about your Rails app’s performance, and our detailed stack traces make it simple to drill down and catch troublesome errors.
Airbrake can be used in any Rails project. For Heroku users we offer an add-on. Integrations with job processing libraries are also provided out-of-box. We support:
If the integration you need is missing feel free to ping us about it.
How to install Airbrake to capture Rails errors
Installing Airbrake in your Ruby app takes no more than 3 minutes:
- Create an Airbrake account
Add the Airbrake gem to your Gemfile:
gem 'airbrake', '~> 7.1'
Then from your project's RAILS_ROOT, and in your development environment, run:
rails generate airbrake --api-key your_key_here
The generator creates a file under config/initializers/airbrake.rb configuring Airbrake with your API key. This file should be checked into your version control system so that it is deployed to your staging and production environments.
- Blazing fast
- Notifications via email, Campfire or Webhooks
- Fast Search
- GitHub, Trello, Slack, HipChat, JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, GitHub Enterprise, GitLab, GitLab CE/EE, Bitbucket, Lighthouse, Flowdock, Campfire, Assembla, custom webhooks and other
- Dupe detection
- Multiple users
- Comprehensive read & write API
- Deploy tracking
Fix bugs faster
Stacktraces, parameters, affected users - you name it. All the info you need to identify, assess and resolve errors quickly.
Monitor code quality
With deploy tracking, error trends, and detailed dashboards, managing and triaging errors has never been easier.
Improve team productivity
Collaborate, prioritize, triage and more with our custom workflow integrations.
Build a better product
- Review intelligently grouped errors
- Develop a better understanding of your app health
- Track the error trends over time
- Customize the grouping rules
- Identify the info you need to assess and resolve the errors quickly
- Review stack traces, parameters, and affected users
- Maintain the code quality with a detailed dashboard of error trends and deploy tracking
Haven't tried Airbrake yet?Start your free trial