How to install Airbrake to capture Ruby errors
Installing Airbrake in your Ruby app takes no more than 3 minutes:
- Create an Airbrake account
Add the Airbrake Ruby gem to your Gemfile:
gem 'airbrake-ruby', '~> 4.6'
or invoke the following command from your terminal:
gem install airbrake-ruby
- Blazing fast
- Notifications via email, Campfire or Webhooks
- Fast Search
- GitHub, Trello, Slack, JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, GitHub Enterprise, GitLab, GitLab CE/EE, Bitbucket, Lighthouse, Flowdock, Campfire, Assembla, custom webhooks and other
- Dupe detection
- Multiple users
- Comprehensive read & write API
- Deploy tracking
You know that something's breaking your application, but combing through massive log files in search of an error is neither appealing, nor productive. Unfortunately, it has to be done. Or does it? With Airbrake monitoring your Ruby application you can skip the massive log files in favor of instant insight into the broken code.
In addition to a dashboard that provides general information about the health of your Ruby application, Airbrake lets you know in which environment the error occurred, and to what deploy it is tied. Airbrake Ruby error includes detailed stack traces, context, and browser breakdowns to make it simple to drill down and catch troublesome errors.
Leading engineering teams around the world rely on Airbrake to:
- Fix bugs faster - identify, assess, and fix bugs faster with all of the needed information
- Monitor code quality - manage and triage errors with detailed dashboards, error trends, and deploy tracking
- Improve team productivity - collaborate and prioritize with custom workflow integrations
As a plain Ruby notifier for Airbrake, Airbrake Ruby is extremely lightweight and perfectly suits Ruby applications. It allows you to link errors with your favorite project management and chat tools, including Jira, GitLab, and Slack, enhancing prioritizing and collaborating across your engineering team. Debugging sucks. Airbrake can make it suck less. Let us show you how.
Fix bugs faster
Stacktraces, parameters, affected users - you name it. All the info you need to identify, assess and resolve errors quickly.
Monitor code quality
With deploy tracking, error trends, and detailed dashboards, managing and triaging errors has never been easier.
Improve team productivity
Collaborate, prioritize, triage and more with our custom workflow integrations.
Find the root cause
- Identify the root cause fast
- Locate the errors file, method and even the line of code
- Identify affected users, browsers, URLs, and more with Aggregations
- Find any error with search and filter features
Advance your workflow
- Collaborate and discuss the reported errors to prioritize and transfer them into tasks
- Link errors with your favorite project managment and chat tools
- Include all team members and enhance error based communication
Haven't tried Airbrake yet?Start your free trial