With the Airbrake Ruby exception handler, you'll never get stuck again sifting through massive log files to hunt down an error. Instead, get real-time error alerting and instant insight into the line of code that broke, the environment in which the error occurred, and what deploy the error is tied to.
Ruby error tracker
The Airbrake Ruby exception handler allows you to drill down and understand what’s breaking in your application. Maybe you had a bad deploy? Or a certain library is causing issues? Airbrake’s dashboard gives you general information about your Ruby app’s performance, and our detailed stack traces make it simple to drill down and catch troublesome errors.
Airbrake Ruby is a plain Ruby notifier for Airbrake, the leading exception reporting service. Airbrake Ruby provides a minimalist API that enables the ability to send any Ruby exception to the Airbrake dashboard. The library is extremely lightweight, contains no dependencies and perfectly suits plain Ruby applications.
For apps that are built with Rails, Sinatra or any other Rack-compliant web framework we offer the airbrake gem. It has additional features such as reporting of any unhandled exceptions automatically, integrations with Resque, Sidekiq, Delayed Job and many more. We support:
How to install Airbrake to capture Ruby errors
Installing Airbrake in your Ruby app takes no more than 3 minutes:
- Create an Airbrake account
Add the Airbrake Ruby gem to your Gemfile:
gem 'airbrake-ruby', '~> 1.7'
or invoke the following command from your terminal:
gem install airbrake-ruby
- Blazing fast
- Notifications via email, Campfire or Webhooks
- Fast Search
- GitHub, Trello, Slack, HipChat, JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, GitHub Enterprise, GitLab, GitLab CE/EE, Bitbucket, Lighthouse, Flowdock, Campfire, Assembla, custom webhooks and other
- Dupe detection
- Multiple users
- Comprehensive read & write API
- Deploy tracking
Fix bugs faster
Stacktraces, parameters, affected users - you name it. All the info you need to identify, assess and resolve errors quickly.
Monitor code quality
With deploy tracking, error trends, and detailed dashboards, managing and triaging errors has never been easier.
Improve team productivity
Collaborate, prioritize, triage and more with our custom workflow integrations.
Find the root cause
- Identify the root cause fast
- Locate the errors file, method and even the line of code
- Identify affected users, browsers, URLs, and more with Aggregations
- Find any error with search and filter features
Advance your workflow
- Collaborate and discuss the reported errors to prioritize and transfer them into tasks
- Link errors with your favorite project managment and chat tools
- Include all team members and enhance error based communication
Haven't tried Airbrake yet?Create My Free Account